Calendar Event

Return to: Calendar

LSW/LCSW Review Course 11.30.18 (DePaul Center)

Friday, November 30, 2018 at 8:00am
This event lasts 0 days 9 hours and 0 minutes.


This course will take place in a NEW course location: DePaul Center, 1 E Jackson Boulevard, Suite 8005, Chicago IL 60604

The NASW-Illinois Chapter LSW/LCSW Review Course is presented in an intensive eight-hour lecture from 8:00am to 5:00pm. Lectures cover the most current content areas as determined by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) for licensure. Sample questions are used to illustrate the lecture material. Courses include a book of selected readings and a packet of handouts designed to complement the lecture. The majority of course content (98%) will cover material relating to both the LSW and LCSW exams; the remaining 2% will cover content relating to just the LCSW. However, we feel this is still valuable information to those pursuing their LSWs so they know what to expect when hopefully pursuing an LCSW later on in their career. 

Don't see a review course date that works for you? New review course dates are added each month so if there are no dates that fit your current schedule, keep checking back on our calendar. The LSW/LCSW Review Course is offered approximately every month.

CEUs: The course begins promptly at 8:00am and concludes at 5:00pm. If you require the full amount of CEUs for the workshop, be sure to arrive on time. Late arrivals will have CEU hours deducted from their certificates. CEU certificates will not be handed out until the end of the class. If you need to leave the training early, be sure you talk to an NASW-IL staff person about your CEU hours and certificate before leaving. You only need CEUs if you are already licensed and would like to maintain that license. Students DO NOT need CEUs. 

Accommodations: If you require accommodations to permit your attendance/participation, please provide a written request along with a completed registration form and payment at least 30 days prior to the registration deadline for the workshop. Requests received after this deadline may not be able to be processed or fulfilled in time for the event.

Confirmation Information: You will receive payment confirmation and an e-mail confirmation including information you will need for the morning of the course. This will be your ONLY confirmation; please be sure to print this for your future use.

Cancellation Policy (Rev. November 21, 2016): While we understand that emergencies do occur, once a participant has been registered and is expected to attend a course, the NASW-Illinois Chapter has already factored that person’s attendance into costs already absorbed by the chapter. Therefore our cancellation policy is as follows (unless stated otherwise):

  • Cancellations received more than three (3) weeks out from a course can request a refund in full at 100% cost.
  • Cancellations received within three (3) weeks of an LCW/LCSW Review Course date are eligible to reschedule ONE TIME for $20.00 for one of the next three available review course dates. There are no refunds for LSW/LCSW Review Course cancellations received within three weeks of the review course date. Rescheduling requests must be submitted BEFORE the day of the event. Requests received AFTER the event has begun will NOT be accepted.
  • Any no show for a course without prior cancellation notification will not be eligible for a refund nor the option to attend a future course at the absorbed cost. 

NASW Member Discount: If you are a current member of NASW (regardless of chapter) you are entitled to the NASW member rate. NASW members MUST provide their NASW membership ID number at time of registration. To contact NASW Member Services, call 800.742.4089 (M-F, 9:00am-9:00pm EST) or e-mail .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address).

Presenter: Natalie K. Holzman, LCSW

Location: DePaul Center
1 E Jackson Boulevard, Suite 8005
Chicago IL 60604

Cost: 8 CEUs / $235 Nonmember ($225 No CEUs) / $175 NASW Member (FREE CEUs)

CEU's Earned:  8 CEU's

Contact Info: .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Registration Required: Yes

Upcoming Occurrences in the next 2 months:

  • 11-14-18

    Starting, Maintaining, and Expanding a Successful Private Practice 2018 (Chicago)

  • 11-15-18

    CO-SPONSORSHIP: Trauma - Strategies for Resolving the Impact of Post-Traumatic Stress (Chicago)

  • 11-17-18

    Chicago District Event: BYOB Dine and Paint (Chicago)

  • 11-27-18

    East Central District Networking Event: November 2018 (Champaign)

  • 11-30-18

    LSW/LCSW Review Course 11.30.18 (DePaul Center)

Calendar »

Become a member of NASW today!


Visit the CEU Opportunities page to find free CEU events for NASW Illinois members!

Continuing Edcuation

Consider joining one of our social networking groups.