Become a member of NASW today!JOIN TODAY!
As a social worker, you are a skilled professional who came to the profession to make a difference to those in need. To be the best in your profession requires access to cutting-edge ideas, the most up-to-date information and research, and the highest-quality resources available to social workers. Your NASW membership can provide you with all of these resources.
- National, State, and District Chapter Membership. Join NASW today and you immediately become a member of the Illinois state chapter as well—at no additional cost! You will be connected to local continuing education and networking events, job panels, and a network of colleagues where you live and work.
- Career Opportunities. Start, grow, and manage your career at the NASW Social Work Career Center and the NASW Illinois Job Board. From an interactive social work job bank, career-coaching, and resume critiquing and writing, to professional development and training opportunities, and more, the Social Work Career Center has the tools you need to excel in the profession.
- Shared Interest Groups (SIGs). NASW Illinois has six SIGs that cover a broad range of interests for retired social workers, social workers in transition, and students looking to network. Can’t find one that suits your interests? Start your own!
- Free CEUs. That's right! For a limited time, NASW Illinois is now offering free CEUs to members who attend live CEU workshops. That's 27 of your 30 licensure renewal CEUs offered for FREE! Some restrictions apply. Free offer not applicable for online recordings or ethics courses. $8 electronic fee applies to live-virtual workshop attendance.
- Insurance Protection. NASW Assurance Services gives members access to valuable insurance benefits, offering excellent rates on professional liability (malpractice) insurance, term life, long-term disability, and accident protection insurance for eligible members. NASW Assurance Services also offers Risk Management workshops and an online course with FREE CEUs, as well as articles and other resources.
- Professional Credentials. NASW’s Credentialing Center establishes and promotes the standards and credentials required for excellence in the practice of social work. Current holders of the QCSW credential can register FREE in the National Social Worker Finder online search tool and will receive premier placement in search results.
- Advocacy for You and Your Clients. NASW is instrumental in assuring that the social work perspective is incorporated into pending legislation before Congress and the Illinois General Assembly. Receive free Action Alert e-mails through CapWiz detailing current issues on Capitol Hill and in the Illinois General Assembly.
- Networking Opportunities. NASW activities provide an excellent opportunity for social workers to exchange ideas and information with colleagues and build professional relationships.
- Continuing Education. NASW Illinois fulfills its mission of advancing the professional knowledge base of social workers by delivering state-of-the-art continuing education at the chapter office training center, online, and in districts across the state.
- Publications. Stay connected to best practices in social work through the NASW Illinois Web site. Articles on social work practice, updates on the state budget, news and professional trends, and more can all be found at www.socialworkers.org.
- Discount Programs. Take advantage of NASW’s many other member benefits including affinity credit cards, financial services, rental care discounts, and much more. NASW Illinois members also receive discounts
NASW Center for Workforce Studies
The NASW Center for Workforce Studies conducts research studies and collects data on the social work labor force to determine employment trends, training needs, and barriers to quality service delivery, as well as to advance the role of the profession in multiple systems of care.
NASW Provides Access to Valuable Legal Resources
NASW Legal Defense Fund (LDF) provides financial assistance and support for legal cases and issues of concern to NASW members and the social work profession.
The NASW Foundation is a charitable organization created to enhance the well-being of individuals, families, and communities through the advancement of social work practice.
Receive tangible returns on your membership dues by taking advantage of members-only discounts from:
- Bank of America
- International Choice Hotels
- Alamo, Avis, National, Hertz, and Budget
- The Wireless Center
- Pennywise Office Supplies