Tuesday, May 1
May 2012 - Student SIG Update
Don’t miss out on the savings! Become a member of NASW Illinois before graduation. Joining NASW Illinois as a student could save you $381!
Becoming a member also helps NASW to continue to promote the profession, allowing social workers to have a voice in shaping Illinois and national policy with dedicated governmental consultants lobbying on your behalf to promote and pass sound legislative policy. It makes sense to support and become a member of the largest professional social work association in the state, one that advocates on your behalf for a responsible and fair state budget ensuring funding for Illinois human services organizations and social work jobs. With over 150,000 members in 56 chapters nationwide the NASW is the most recognized membership organization of professional social workers in the world.
- Members have the opportunities to network, building leadership skills by serving on the chapter board of directors, district leadership council, committees, task forces, and shared interest groups (SIGs).
- Members can attend chapter office events or participate in online education services offered by national to receive free CEUs.
- Becoming a member now gains you access to the NASW Social Work Career Center to help find a job as well as develop your resume and interviewing skills.
- Discounts on our LSW/LCSW review course.
BSW & MSW Student Membership Dues Annually: $48
- BSW student members who maintain continuous membership after graduation automatically enter a 2-year transitional period with reduced dues of $94 each year.
- MW students who maintain continuous membership after graduation automatically enter a 3-year transitional period with reduced dues of $94 in years 1 and 2, and $143 in year 3.
Doctoral Student (in a Social Work/Social Welfare Program) Membership Dues Annually: $143
NASW student members and eligible transitional members may apply for discounted professional liability insurance for student field placement and/or for the first two years of professional practice.
So don't wait any longer! Become a member today!