Become a member of NASW today!JOIN TODAY!
Join the Board
NASW-ILLINOIS CHAPTER BOARD MATERIALS:
Do you want to make a difference for social workers in Illinois and beyond? Do you have expertise in a particular method or field of social work practice? Do you have a unique perspective that you believe is under-represented? Joining the NASW-Illinois Chapter Board of Directors is a great way to implement change, share your knowledge, and voice your opinions!
What Does the NASW-Illinois Chapter Board of Directors Do?
- Represent the NASW-Illinois Chapter membership
- Bring professional issues or concerns of their constituents to the board
- Attend quarterly board meetings
- Keep constituents aware of upcoming events
- Help with planning of local networking and continuing education events
Top Six Reasons to Become an NASW-Illinois Chapter Board Member:
- Make a difference. Take an active role in a professional organization striving to make an impact on social issues.
- Cutting Edge. Be on the cutting edge of emerging social work trends. Learn more about new methodologies that are being developed in the field.
- Networking. Network with social work leaders and members around the state. Build up your list of contacts as well as advance your own professional standing.
- Visibility. Bring visibility and exposure to your organization and/or practice.
- Leadership Development. Develop and apply your leadership skills.
- Free CEUs. Board members earn free CEUs for the educational content that’s presented at NASW-Illinois Chapter board meetings.
Travel Cost Concerns?
- NASW-Illinois Chapter board meetings are held only once a quarter
- Travel and lodging are reimbursed
- You can teleconference all meetings
How Do I Apply?
- Submit a 2017 Board of Directors Nomination Form (DEADLINE: March 11, 2017).
- The election will take place April 1–30, 2017. Results will be announced in early May 2017.